Delaware: Small State, Big Experiences
Though Delaware is the second smallest state in the U.S, it packs a punch when it comes to its nightlife, gaming, and alcohol and tobacco scenes.
Purchasing Alcohol and Tobacco in Delaware
In Delaware, the legal age to purchase and consume alcohol and tobacco is 21. Alcohol can be found in liquor stores, some supermarkets, and convenience stores. Delaware also allows the sale of alcohol in certain restaurants and bars. As for tobacco, it can be purchased from a variety of outlets, including convenience stores, supermarkets, and tobacco shops.
Delaware’s Drinking Culture
The drinking culture in Delaware is rich and varied, thanks to the state’s array of breweries, wineries, and distilleries.
1. Breweries: Delaware’s craft beer scene has made a name for itself, most notably Dogfish Head Brewery (www.dogfish.com) in Milton, which has garnered national acclaim.
2. Wineries: Wineries like Nassau Valley Vineyards (www.nassauvalley.com) in Lewes offer tastings and events, letting visitors get a feel for Delaware’s budding wine scene.
3. Distilleries: Beach Time Distilling (www.beachtimedistilling.com) in Lewes is known for its unique approach to creating spirits, making for an interesting visit.
Nightlife in Delaware: Bars and Nightclubs
From laid-back bars to lively nightclubs, Delaware’s nightlife has something for everyone:
1. Bars: Trolley Square Oyster House (www.trolleysquareoysterhouse.com) in Wilmington offers a robust selection of drinks in a cozy atmosphere.
2. Nightclubs: Bottle & Cork (www.bottleandcork.com) in Dewey Beach is a popular spot for live music and dancing during the summer months.
Gambling in Delaware
Delaware is one of the few states that permit a wide range of gambling options:
1. Casinos: Delaware Park Casino (www.delawarepark.com) in Wilmington offers a variety of gaming options, from poker and slots to live horse racing.
2. Lottery: The Delaware Lottery (www.delottery.com) offers numerous games, and proceeds are used to fund state services.
Despite its small size, Delaware offers a wide range of experiences for those interested in its nightlife, drinking culture, and gaming scene. Whether you’re sampling craft beer, dancing the night away, or trying your luck at a casino, Delaware ensures a memorable experience. As always, remember to respect the local laws and enjoy responsibly.