Missouri: A Glimpse Into Its Alcohol and Tobacco Culture, Nightlife, and Gambling Habits
Often called the “Show Me State”, Missouri is a state with a rich history and a vibrant culture that extends to its attitudes towards alcohol, tobacco, nightlife, and gambling. This article provides an overview of these aspects of life in Missouri.
Purchasing Alcohol and Tobacco in Missouri
The legal age to purchase and consume alcohol in Missouri is 21. Alcohol can be bought at a variety of locations, including grocery stores, convenience stores, and liquor stores. There are no specific state-level restrictions on the hours of sale, but local jurisdictions may set their own.
When it comes to tobacco, the minimum age to purchase tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, is 21. Tobacco products can be bought from convenience stores, supermarkets, and specialized tobacco shops.
Drinking Culture in Missouri
Missouri’s drinking culture is robust and diverse, thanks in part to its thriving craft beer and spirits scene:
1. Craft Breweries: Boulevard Brewing Company in Kansas City (www.boulevard.com) is the largest specialty brewer in the Midwest, known for its innovative and flavorful beers.
2. Wineries: Missouri is also home to a significant number of wineries, like the Hermannhof Vineyards in Hermann (www.hermannhof.com), which offer tastings and tours.
Missouri Nightlife: Bars and Nightclubs
Missouri’s nightlife is dynamic and diverse, from laid-back bars to energetic nightclubs:
1. The Royale (www.theroyale.com): This classic bar in St. Louis offers a relaxed atmosphere, creative cocktails, and a patio for outdoor socializing.
2. Club Vogue (www.clubvogue.com): For those looking for a more high-energy experience, Club Vogue in Columbia is a popular nightclub, offering dancing and live music.
Gambling in Missouri
Missouri is no stranger to gambling:
1. Casinos: Missouri has several casinos, such as Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles (www.ameristarstcharles.com), where guests can indulge in slot machines, table games, and poker.
2. Riverboat Gambling: Missouri also has a long history of riverboat gambling, which is still an option for those looking for a unique gambling experience.
Missouri provides a unique blend of midwestern hospitality and cosmopolitan sophistication. Whether you’re sampling local craft beers, dancing the night away in a Columbia nightclub, or trying your luck at a St. Charles casino, there’s something for everyone in the Show-Me State. Always remember to partake responsibly and respect local laws and customs.